
You know how on these blog things, there's the link at the top of the screen that jets you off to somebody else's blog where they are writing about things that, for the most part, have absolutely nothing of interest to anyone, other than a lot of people who are not me? That link is mysterious. What do they mean by "next"? How is this organized, or is it even? These are question that nobody knows except for the designers and also people who are smarter than me.
THE POINT: Sometimes I like to click on that blue underlined text. I'm not sure why. I've never found anything of even remote interest from it in the past, and actually all its ever done to me is make me feel stupid because it appears that EVERYBODY ELSE on here is writing their blogs about something and something even with the intention of others reading it. This depresses me. Not only does my little bloggy have no point, but I write it for me to look over and laugh at because I'm a doofus like that. (Although, admittedly, I did show the History of the Shroom Panda to some of my friends because SHROOM PANDAS ARE BOMB.)
As if that were not enough, these people who share this site with me are generally writing their somethings because what they are doing is exciting, interesting, and/or of value to society. Whether they're on mission trips, vacationing in foreign countries, saving the universe from imminent doom, or getting funding for refugees its all much more exciting than anything I would ever hope to do in my life.
I'M JUST KIDDING, THIS IS THE ACTUAL POINT. THAT LAST BIT WAS JUST ME MEANDERING OFF SUBJECT: So, as I was saying, sometimes I click on the "next blog" button. This is exactly what I did a few minutes ago. And what did I find? 7 blogs about dogs. In a row. The eighth one I clicked on wasn't about dogs. Instead, it had a picture of a little boy in a dog costume for Halloween. Apparently, dogs are big in this region of geekery.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Or something.

No comments:
Post a Comment